Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Time flies...

We just finished celebrating Tommy's first birthday (a week early).  I can't believe he is almost a year old already. Tommy's birthday is Christmas eve, so we celebrated on the 19th so Tommy could have his own special day.   Last year at this time, I was overdue and feeling ready to pop. Of course, I was still working full time up until the day I went into labor.  I actually started my contractions at work (at the hospital) and went home and came back later with J.R.  Tommy made his grand appearance approximately 24 hours after our arrival at the hospital. Most of you know about my challenging delivery, but now it is all a distant memory (Although I am sure J.R. and I will tease Tommy throughout his life that he practically killed me).


Now onto the fun stuff...the PARTY!! J.R. kept telling me I better UNinvite people because that many people could not fit in our house.  I am not gonna lie, it was tight, but it was great.  So wonderful to see how many people Tommy has touched in his one year of life.  We had to set up tables in the garage and a heater (yes I know it is the middle of December) to handle the overflow.  We had tons of food and lots of fun.  Tommy's favorite part was the cake.  Being a child that loves food, this was a dream come true.  Enjoy the pics!!





   The cake, post Tommy attack!


I can't believe a whole year has passed.  Tommy is no longer just a baby, he is a little boy.  He has so quickly stolen our hearts and made our lives complete.  J.R. and I can't get over how much we love him.  Until you have that child in your arms, there is no way to comprehend the love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment