Saturday, December 11, 2010

Change can be good...

As some of you know, I am changing jobs.  I love my career as a speech pathologist, but my job was not what it used to be.  I have been with Pinnacle Health for 6.5 years, and Monday is my last day.  I can't believe it has been that long, time sure does fly when you are having fun.  I have learned so much from all of the staff at Harrisburg Hospital and will miss many of them dearly.  I would never be where I am today without the help of the nurses, doctors, and other therapy staff.  I haven't ruled out returning to Pinnacle at some point, but for now, I am looking for a change.  I am looking for a challenge, for something new.  I love to learn and feel that there are opportunities out there for me to explore.  Those opportunities are starting at Hershey Medical Center.  I sort of fell into a Per Diem position there, which turns out to be working the same schedule I was working at Pinnacle.  I am starting in outpatient therapy.  I am excited for something new and different, a new staff, and new management.  I think this will be good for me.  Change is not easy for anyone, especially me.  I like to know what I am doing, and do it well.  I am confident that I will easily pick up on a new system and excited to start something new!! Here's to positive change!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said - I am excited for you and this new opportunity. It's nice to know that as one door was closing, another was already being opened for you. Good luck; I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete