Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Proud SLP momma

Being an Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), you have certain expectations for your child.  Yes, you worry about gross motor milestones, but you can always pass those off saying that" they will walk when they are ready," or may be "just lazy."  Then there is the thing you want your child to exceed in...TALKING.  Every day that I am working, I evaluate people's ability to talk and communicate, and of course, I want my child to be on the high end of average.  You don't want to be the SLP who has a child that isn't talking.  Now we all know (especially SLPs) that it is not always our fault if they happen to be language delayed, but we do everything in our power to avoid it.  Again, it is probably the overachiever in most SLPs, but it is something we all think about.  This brings me to my point...Tom is talking! I am proud to say that he has at least 10 words and seems to gain some each day.  His list currently includes hi, bye, mom, dad, dog, Jake, kitties, up, uh-oh, ay ay (our cuddle word) and bounce.  I am quite surprised that none of his words have to do with food, considering his favorite activity is eating, but we will work on that. 
Other than that, no exciting updates.  I am still loving work and J.R. is doing well with his job.  We love Tom's daycare provider and are literally spoiled with all of the help we get with Tommy.  He sure is one loved little boy!

1 comment:

  1. I think I heard him say "I love Aunt Tina." I could have misheard but I'm pretty sure he did...
    LOVE this child!

    ReplyDelete